Back Packing Gear
- Backpacking Rucksack 45 - 55 Litre (Depending on how packable your equipment is)
- Water Bottle - Consider having at least a litre a day and extra for the evening if not near a water source
- High Energy food for walking and evening meals that are easy to cook and offer plenty of calories for their weight.
- Safety Whistle
- Survival Bag or foil Emergency blanket
- Mobile Phone
- Waterproof Dry Bag or tough plastic bag.
- First Aid Kit (Among Group)
- OS map of walk and surrounding area
- Map Case
- Navigation compass with baseplate and orientating lines.
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Bag Liner (for additional warmth and hygiene)
- Roll Matt or Thermarest
- Tent or Bivi Bag
- Camping Stove and fuel
- Camping Pans
- Thermal Mug
- Head Torch and Spare Batteries
- Cathole Trowel - if wild camping
- Toilet paper/tissues
- Spare pair of socks
- Spare boot laces
- Group Shelter
- Sit Mat
- Hydration Bladder
- Duct tape
- Water Treatment Tablets
Paul has had an interest in the outdoors since he was a young kid. Walking, tracking and exploring the wilderness around him, from disused overgrown railway lines to the vast wilderness of the UK national parks. Over the last few years Paul has honed his skills into specific areas of bushcraft and survival. He is an expert in map reading, shelter building and knots, traps and fishing.